Pages

Monday 24 August 2009

Weekend Woes and Two Hours of Heaven

Last weekend was quite eventful. Saturday was the first day of Ramadhan, so now we're fasting from dawn till dusk. The weather was rainy and nice, and apart from the usual house-cleaning chores, I opted to have minimal activity, and only left the house to send my clothes to the laundry and bought Saturday papers. Later I put the kids in their room and cooked food to break fast. Just simple ikan kembong masak kicap, pak choy in oyster sauce and cucur cakar ayam keledek.


Sunday was my outing day. As my boys could not stop fighting and were constantly growling, I knew I could not put off neutering them much longer. Plus their yearly vaccination was up so I thought better kill two birds with one stone and had the vet over to do whatever's necessary for the health and well-being of my cats. Poor Abang, Dingdong and Abu are finally 'fixed'. Even as of this morning they were still quiet and not as hyper, probably because traces of the anaesthetics are still in their system. Plus, maybe merajuk dengan mummy kot...And yesterday, courtesy of Dingdong, I had two claw-cuts on my feet that he made in his haste to run away right after the vet jabbed him with the anesthetics.



My poor babies....

But after that, I left the house around noon for my appointment with a heavenly treat. See, I took part in the Women's Weekly magazine SMS contest and I won a European Facial at Estee Lauder. So last Monday I went to pick up the voucher, and after that called the Estee Lauder Skincare Center at Midvalley for the weekend appointment. I got a Sunday afternoon slot.


Arriving there on time, I went and from outside you can tell it was gonna be a luxurious treat for me. Yelah, all this while kalau pegi facial pun pegi tempat-tempat yang moderately priced jer, mana nak mampu bayar sampai 2-3 ratus sekali kan...

After the usual consultation to know my skin type, activities and beauty regime, allergies, medication, etc, I was ushered by the bautician assigned to me, a nice lady called Jasmine, into a private room. I was then told to change into a bathrobe and Jasmine there proceeded with the facial. The nice bonus was they were giving complimentary massage, so I had to choose either foot massage or back massage. I chose the one for my back as I just had a cut at my foot. Very nice, very relaxing. Sorry at that time it never occured to me to take any photo. I thought I just wanted to have a relaxing time getting pampered.

After that was a series of treatment for my face-the usual steaming, scrubbing, masking, extracting and some other what-not that I just couldn't remember. Jasmine was also nice enough to do my eye-brow, as well as giving me a hand-massage while masking my face. When it's done, there's the shoulder and head rub, after which she left me alone to get dressed and prep myself.Only then did I have the time to take the photo. The upright chair you see here was my bed before that, and really, I could sleep there all night I don't mind:D..Best sangat-sangat, cause the best part was it was free!! But still, if I could afford this kind of place, I wouldn't mind treating myself to that every few months. Insya-Allah maybe in the future I can afford that ya...


After the facial and ronda-ronda a bit in Midvalley, I went to Nina's house to get my Raya cookies stock so far. We broke fast together then after that it's home sweet home to my kids. What a full day huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you..