Monday, 14 November 2011

London (Part 1)


I know, I know.. it's one thing after another, and I'm lucky if I have a breather in between, and of course, the inspiration and inclination, to update this.

But this, I've got to do. Die die must do! Bahasa will be rojak, so bear with me. If you can't understand BM, too bad:)

Anyways, I don't want to do too much talking (or err...typing) in here, but knowing me, I'll still be babbling buckets.

The journey started off on the 3rd day of Raya, 1 September 2011 when we left Kuching for Kuala Lumpur in the evening. Twas good to see my kids after leaving them on their own for about 5 days, and I got straight to work on cleaning the house and topping up food and continue packing for the trip.

Our flight to Stanstead was to depart at 3.30PM, so I got my friend Nora to come and pick us up at around 11.30 and send us to LCCT.

Saying goodbye to the kids. They were oblivious. Uhuk..uhuk..

Each of us brought about 1 piece of luggage-I brought my big red luggage. As we reached LCCT, right away we went to the international departure hall and check in. After that, lepak for a while at the food court and got something to eat and just killed time there.

The flight departed on time, and off to London we were! But mind you, syiok cuci mata hahahaha... The flight comprised about 80% mat sallehs:). But then again, as I always was during flights, sleep was not easy, it was cold and I was pretty much uncomfortable.

We landed at Stanstead around 9.30PM local time, and after ting-tonging at the UK Border counter and collecting our luggages, we went outside to the bus terminal to get to Victoria Station. We used the Terravision airport transfer which I bought online, and it was priced at GBP9 each.

The journey from Stanstead to London's Victoria Station took around 1 hour and as soon as we got down, ulat taxi approached us offering their services. We were tired and groggy and just wanted to rest, and that's when we made the mistake of engaging their service.

In London we were to stay at the Sarawak Foundation House at Willesden, and well, that cheating of a cab driver at first quoted 38GBP to send us to the destination. But then again, dah dasar penipu kan, halfway through the journey, he revised his price, this time charged kitorang GBP48 la plak. His argument? Cause he wasn't sure if the place is near or far from Victoria. I was just too tired to argue, tambah-tambah tengah jalan tu dia ala-ala mau tunjuk samseng kat driver double-decker bus!
Finnnneee...! So terbangla almost GBP50:((... belum apa-apa lagi kat London gua sudah kena tifu...:((

Nasib baik sampai jugak, and the House caretaker, En. Mohamad was already waiting for us. He helped us settled in, and luckily, we got the house all to ourselves! Yippeee.. It is complete with everything you could possibly want in a house, Alhamdulillahhh...

Then we settled for the night, showered and unpack and went to sleep... Only to wake up again at 3. Jetlag has kicked in!! Huwaaa.....!!!

Ok, to be continued ehh..?:)

1 comment:

  1. Salam.
    Hi..just wondeting how you book the sarawak house? Planning to stay for a 1 week course in london this march and trying to find a place to
    stay. how much does it cost you? Your help is greatly


What say you..